[Databases] [Recent Additions]
[Add a Link]
- The Australian Privacy Page
document authentication encryption and digital signing technolgies.
- Bob Lions 'A public key authentication framework for Australia'
(1996) 3 PLPR 28
- Certificates Australia (part of Baltimore Certificates On-Line)
The first CA to gain accreditation under the GPKA
- Department of Defence 'Australian Controls on the Export of Defence and Strategic Goods' [Search]
Includes the 'Defence and Strategic Goods List'
- Department of Defence Export Control Publications [Search]
(Some available in PDF format)
- Department of Defence, 'Australian Export Controls - an information guide for Industry, Universities and the General Public - The Weapons of Mass Destruction (Prevention of Proliferation) Act 1995 (WMD Act)' [Search]
- Department of the Parliamentary Library, Bills Digest No. 67 1997-98 Telecommunications Legislation Amendment Bill 1997
Create new arrangements for establishing interception capabilities for telecommunicationsservices and for the funding of interception capabilities.
- Electronic Frontiers Australia (EFA's) Crypto Politics pages [Search]
- Electronic Transactions Act 1999 [Search]
To ensure that electronic transactions (for the purposes of a law of the Commonwealth) are put on an equal legal footing with manual, paper-based transactions
- Encryption and the Global Information Infrastructure - An Australian Perspective [Search]
- Gatekeeper [Search]
Australian Government's strategy for the use of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) as a key enabler for the delivery of online government services (on Australian Government Information Management Office - AGIMO)
- Graham Greenleaf 'Gatekeeper Leaves The Door Ajar On Privacy'
(1998) 5 Privacy Law & Policy Reporter 1
- Graham Greenleaf and Roger Clarke 'Privacy Implications of Digital Signatures' [Search]
This article considers the surveillance implications of the Standards Australia PKAF proposals
- Greg Taylor 'Wassenaar - the cryptic enigma' [Search]
(1999) 2 INTLB 7; on Electronic Frontiers Australia
- Hon. Justice Michael Kirby AC CMG, 'OECD Cryptography Guidelines in Context' [Search]
Presented at the International Symposium on the Public Voice and the Development of International Cryptography Policy, 25 September 1996
- Keith Holland 'Recent International Legal Developments in Encryption'
(IIR Conferences, 1998) Explains how Australian government agencies are interpreting the OECD Guidelines as Australain policy is developed
- Mark Sneddon 'Legislating to Facilitate Electronic Signatures and Records: - Exceptions, Standards and the Impact of the Statute Book'
(1998) University of New South Wales Law Journal Volume 21, Number 2
- Nick Ellsmore 'Cryptology: Law Enforcement & National Security vs. Privacy, Security & The Future of Commerce' [Search]
Thesis, University of New South Wales, 1999
- Nigel Waters 'Telcommunications interception - extending the reach or maintaining the status quo'
4 PLPR 110, November 1997
- Online Council [Search]
Senior Ministers from State, Territory and local governments who meet twice a year to discuss policy issues related to the information economy
- Parliamentary Joint Committee on the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation, 'An Advisory Report on the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation Legislation Amendment Bill 1999'
Parliamentary Paper No. 93/1999, May 1999. In PDF (on Parliament of Australia)
- Patrick Gunning 'Distributing encryption software by the Internet: loopholes in Australian export controls' [Search]
 CyberLRes 1; Internet Law Bulletin
- Roger Clarke 'Privacy Requirements of Public Key Infrastructure' [Search]
(IIR IT Security Conference, March 2000)
- Steve Orlowski 'Security Imperatives - The Australian Context '
Special Adviser, IT Security Policy, Security Division Australian Attorney-General's Department;Presented at an IBC Conference, November 1995
- Steve Orlowski 'Security of the Government Information Infrastructure'
Assistant Director, Security Management, Australian Attorney-General's Department; Paper presented at IIR 'IT in Government' ConferenceCanberra, 22 August 1995
- Table of contents and executive summary from Standards Australia Strategies for the Implementation of a Public Key Authentication Framework (PKAF) in Australia
- Telecommunications Legislation Amendment Bill 1997, Third Reading
(PDF File only)
- United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL) Model Law on Electronic Commerce [Search]
- The Walsh Report: Review of policy relating to encryption technologies [Search]
(access provided by EFA)