[Databases] [Recent Additions]
[Add a Link]
- Admar Computers Pty Ltd v Ezy Systems Pty Ltd  853 FCA 49 (29 August 1997)
- APRA v Telstra (1995) 131 ALR 141 (Full Federal Court) [Search]
The "music on hold" case.
- Australian Competition & Consumer Commission v. Internic Technology Pty Ltd & Anor  818 FCA [Search]
An ex parte hearing in a "cybersquatting" case
- Autodesk Inc v Dyason (No 2) (1993) 176 CLR 300
- Computer Edge v Apple Computer (1986( HCA 19; (1986) 161 CLR 171 F.C. 86/017 (6 May 1986)
- Copyright and the Internet: New Government reforms [Search]
Speech by the Attorney-General, 30 April 1998, Murdoch University (on Attorney-General's Department)
- Copyright consultation
Inferencing examples using wysh on sections of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) (AustLII inferencing research)
- The copyright dangers of music on hold: Telstra Corporation Ltd v Australasian Performing Right Association Ltd [Search]
A commentary on the Telstra v Apra case.
- Copyright Reform and the Information Economy [Search]
Joint News Release of the Attorney-General and the Minister for Communications, the Information Economy and the Arts, 30 April 1998 (on Attorney-General's Department)
- Data Access Corporation v Powerflex Services Pty Ltd  HCA 49 (30 September 1999)
The most definitive ruling by the High Court on what is a `computer program' pursuant to s 10(1) of the Copyright Act.
- Discussion Paper on Copyright Reform and the Digital Agenda [Search]
July 1997 (on Department of Communications, Information Technology and the Arts)
- G Greenleaf - 'Autodesk v Dyason (No. 2)' ALJ articles [Search]
- Information Transactions Under UCC Article 2B: - The Ascendancy of Freedom of Contract in the Digital Milennium?
Evans, Gail and Fitzgerald, Brian (University of NSW Law Journal)
- Internet Names Australia - COM.AU [Search]
(Melbourne Information Technologies Australia - COM.AU)
- IP, phone home' - ECMS, (c)-tech, and protecting privacy against surveillance by digital works [Search]
This paper explores the dangers of copyright-protective technologies and electronic copyright management systems, and possible remedies.
- Key Design Issues in Marketspaces for Intellectual Property Rights [Search]
An examination of the design considerations for intellectual property marketspaces, identifying challenges and vital public policy issues.
- Liability of Internet Service Providers for Copyright Infringement
Paynter, Hugh and Foreman, Ross (University of NSW
- The Link Controversy Page [Search]
This page contains many links to articles, cases, legislation and technical information on legal issues concerning hypertext.
- Marketing your website: Legal issues relating to the allocation of internet domain names
University of NSW Law Journal
- Name and Reputation in the Fourth Dimension [Search]
An article focusing on the commercial ramifications of intellectual property in cyberspace.
- Powerflex Services Pty Ltd v Data Access Corporation  490 FCA (4 June 1997) [Search]
This case contains a brief history of the development of Australian copyright law in relation to computer programs.
- Standing Committee on Legal and Constitutional Affairs - Submissions to the Inquiry into Copyright Amendment (Digital Agenda) Bill 1999 [Search]
- The Standing Committee on Legal and Constitutional Affairs Advisory Report on the Copyright Amendment (Digital Agenda) Bill 1999 [Search]
- Telstra Corporation Limited v Australasian Performing Right Association Limited (1997) HCA 41 (14 August 1997)
- Trade Marks & Domain Names [Search]
Paper by Patrick Gunning & Patrick Flynn, 2001 version (on AustLII)
- Trumpet Software Pty Ltd & Anor v OzEmail Pty Ltd & Ors  560 FCA 1 [Search]
A leading case on the issue of implied licences in the context of software.