[Databases] [Recent Additions]
[Add a Link]
Encryption and Public Key Infrastructure
- 'New Zealand Crypto Policy - Confusion now hath made his masterpiece' [Search]
This page documents the recent history of, and current state of, New Zealand's crypto export policy
- 'New Zealand's Crypto Controls - The Final Chapter' [Search]
Documents two final issues: The changes made to the Wassenaar arrangement in 1999, and the 'real' situation with NZ export controls.
- A. Michael Froomkin 'The Metaphor is the Key: Cryptography, The Clipper Chip, and the Constitution'
Ver. 0.9b, May 16, 1995; Originally published in 143 U. Penn. L. Rev. 709 (1995)
- An Introduction to Electronic Money Issues
(US Dept of the Treasury - September 19-20 1996)
- The Applied Cryptography Case - Detailed History [Search]
A case focussing on the US government's distinction between crypto source code printed on paper and crypto source code on electronic media.
- British Government's Department of Trade and Industry, Industry White Paper on Export Controls [Search]
- Center for Democracy & Technology Encryption Page [Search]
With expertise in law, technology, and policy, CDT seeks practical solutions to enhance free expression and privacy in global communications technologies
- Counterpane Internet Security, Index of Cryptography Papers Available Online
cryptology, dual-use technologies, national Cryptome welcomes documents for publication that are prohibited by governments worldwide, in particular material on security and intelligence, but not limited to those.
- Cyberspace Policy Institute [Search]
at The George Washington University School of Engineering and Applied Science
- Denning and Baugh, 'Encryption and Evolving Technologies as Tools of Organized Crime and Terrorism' [Search]
Published in July 1997 by the National StrategyInformation Center's US Working Group on Organized Crime (WGOC)
- Dorothy Denning 'The Future of Cryptography' [Search]
(1995-6) 3 PLPR 33; The best-known 'law enforcement perspective'
- Dorothy E. Denning and William E. Baugh, Jr., 'CASES INVOLVING ENCRYPTION IN CRIME AND TERRORISM' [Search]
This database is an extension of cases first published in the paper "Encryption and Evolving Technologies as Tools of Organized Crime and Terrorism," published in July 1997 by the National Strategy Information Center's US Working Group on Organized Crime.
- Dorothy E. Denning and William E. Baugh, Jr., 'Easy Guide to Encryption Export Controls' [Search]
September 25, 1999. (USA)
- Dorothy E. Denning, 'Crime and Crypto on the Information Superhighway' [Search]
Journal of Criminal Justice Education, Vol. 6, No. 2, Fall 1995, pp 323-336
- Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF), 'Cracking DES - Secrets of Encryption Research, Wiretap Politics & Chip Design'
May 1998. The standard way that the US Government recommends that we make information secure and private, the "Data Encryption Standard" or DES, does not actually make that information secure or private
- Encryption Key Recovery [Search]
Government documents on key recovery/escrow encryption policy and technology
- GILC Member Statement, 'New Spanish telecommunications law opens a door to mandatory key recovery systems' [Search]
- GILC Resolution in Support of the Freedom to Use Encryption [Search]
Global Internet Liberty Campaign, September 1996
- Global Internet Liberty Campaign (GILC) 'Cryptography And Liberty - An International Survey Of Encryption Policy' [Search]
- Global Internet Liberty Campaign Statement on Canadian Crypto Policy
- Graham Greenleaf 'Privacy issues in international and national regulation of encryption and digital signatures'
21st International Conference on Privacy and Personal Data Protection, Hong Kong, 13-15 September 1999
- Hon. Justice Michael Kirby AC CMG, 'OECD Cryptography Guidelines in Context' [Search]
Presented at the International Symposium on the Public Voice and the Development of International Cryptography Policy, 25 September 1996
- The IFIP Position on Cryptopolicies [Search]
International Federation for Information Processing TC11: Security and Protection in Information Processing Systems
- International Covenant On Civil And Political Rights (ICCPR) [Search]
On Human Rights Program
- Marc Plumb 'A summary of Canada's export controls on cryptographic software '
(1996) Electronic Frontiers Canada
- Matt Blaze's cryptography resource
- OECD Group of Experts on Information Security and Privacy 'Inventory of Approaches to Authentication and Certification in a Global Networked Society'
1998; (PDF File only)
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), 'Report on Background Issues of Cryptography Policy'
19 December 1997
- Peter Gutmann's Godzilla Crypto Tutorial [Search]
583 slides in 8 parts, covering just about everything relating to cryptology.
- Peter Gutmann, Encryption and Security-related Resources [Search]
A huge (403k) collection of links on Encryption and Security topics
- Public Key Infrastructure and the Law (PKI LAW) [Search]
A PKI information exchange emphasizing emerging legal issues, to hasten the implementationof Public Key Infrastructure throughout the world.
- The Public Voice and the Development of International Encryption Policy [Search]
Conference, Paris, September 25, 1996; Sponsored by EPIC and Planete Internet.
- 'The Risks of Key Recovery, Key Escrow, and Trusted Third Party Encryption' [Search]
A Report by an Ad Hoc Group of Cryptographers and Computer Scientists, 1998
- Roger Clarke 'Crypto-confusion: Mutual Non-Comprehension Threatens Exploitation of the GII'
(1996) 3 PLPR 30; Compares the various positions in the debate at that time
- Singleton S, 'Policy Analysis: Encryption policy for the 21st Century - A Future without Government-Prescribed Key Recovery' [Search]
19 November 1998. Solveig Singleton is director of information studies at the Cato Institute.
- Towards A European Framework for Digital Signatures And Encryption [Search]
Ensuring Security and Trust in Electronic Communication. European Commission, October 1997.
- UK Department of Trade and Industry paper on Regulatory Intent Concerning Use Of Encryption On Public Networks [Search]
- US Department of State, "COCOM - An End and A Beginning"
Defense Trade News, Volume 5 Number 2, April 1994