[Databases] [Recent Additions]
[Add a Link]
- CataLaw: Cyber Rights
CataLaw is a searchable index of catalogues of law and legal information on the Internet
- Copyright and the Internet [Search]
Chapter 5 - Copyright and the Internet in "Law and the Internet - Regulating Cyberspace" (On Law Faculty, University of Edinburgh)
- The Copyright Website [Search]
Provides basic copyright information and links to news items.
- The Dilbert Hack Archive [Search]
An example of a possible copyright infringement on the Internet
- Directive 96/9/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 March 1996 on the legal protection of databases
- Domaine Magistrate [Search]
Information and latest news regarding domain name disputes
- eResolution (eRes) [Search]
online dispute resolution service approved provider under the ICANN dispute resolution policy, (before 16 October 2000 known as [DeC])not accepting proceedings commenced after 30 November 2001)
- Foucault In Cyberspace: Surveillance, Sovereignty, and Hard-Wired Censors [Search]
See Part IV 'Privatised Panopticons and Legalised Enclosures'
- ICANN Report of Working Group B on Famous Trademarks [Search]
- ICANN Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy Home Page [Search]
This page contains links to all other official ICANN documents concerning domain name dispute resolution policy and its implementation, including the rules to be applied and decided cases in full.
- Information Transactions Under UCC Article 2B: - The Ascendancy of Freedom of Contract in the Digital Milennium?
Evans, Gail and Fitzgerald, Brian (University of NSW Law Journal)
- IP, phone home' - ECMS, (c)-tech, and protecting privacy against surveillance by digital works [Search]
This paper explores the dangers of copyright-protective technologies and electronic copyright management systems, and possible remedies.
- James Boyle, 'A Politics of Intellectual Property: Environmentalism For the Net?' [Search]
47 Duke L.J. 87 (1997) This Article argues that we need a politics, or perhaps a political economy, of intellectual property
- Liability of Internet Service Providers for Copyright Infringement
Paynter, Hugh and Foreman, Ross (University of NSW
- Lotus Development Corp. v Borland International Inc (1995) U.S. Court of Appeals First Circuit
US Court of Appeals for the First Circuit 44 1995 WL 94669 (decided 9 March 1995)
- National Arbitration Forum [Search]
An approved provider of arbitration and mediation services under the ICANN domain name dispute resolution policy.
- The Open Source Initiative [Search]
- Part B 'Code displacing Law: Intellectual Property' in 'The Law of the Horse: What Cyberlaw Might Teach'
Article written by Lawrence Lessig (in PDF)
- Recommendations for Administration and Management of Generic Top Level Domain Names
(Report to WIPO)
- Trade Marks & Domain Names [Search]
Paper by Patrick Gunning & Patrick Flynn, 2001 version (on AustLII)
- Union for the Public Domain [Search]
A non-profit citizens group interested in the protection and enhancement of the public domain in matters concerning intellectual property.
- WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Centre [Search]
This is a leading institution in the provision of services for the resolution of domain name disputes.
- WIPO Draft Treaty on Intellectual Property in Respect of Databases [Search]
Diplomatic Conference on Certain Copyright and Neighboring Rights Questions, Geneva, December 2 to 20, 1996
- WIPO Internet Domain Name Processes [Search]
In English, French and Spanish (On World Intellectual Property Organisation)
- World Intellectual Property Organisation [Search]
Final Report of the WIPO Internet Domain Name Process (April 30, 1999), addressing the problems caused by the conflict between trademarks and domain names.