[Databases] [Recent Additions]
[Add a Link]
- AussieLegal [Search]
Offers free information outlines on a number of popular legal topics in all states, legal kits in plain English for purchase online and a Find-a-Lawyer service
- Bushfire Legal Help Handbook [Search]
Legal advice for people affected by 2009 Bushfires in Victoria.
- Business Victoria Step-By-Step Guides [Search]
Plain English guides to setting up and running small businesses in Victoria.
- Community Law [Search]
Provides legal resources by subject and links to all the Victorian community law centres (both generalist and specialist legal help centres)and information about specific legal problems, relevant publications, law reform activities and community legal education initiatives
- Consumer Affairs Victoria Resource Centre [Search]
Many plain English publications concerning difficult legal areas arranged by subject.
- Dearlawyer [Search]
Charges for a range of legal services and general legal advice online. Also provides a referral to qualified specialists if necessary
- Federation of Community Legal Centres [Search]
The Federation is the peak body for Community Legal Centres (CLCs) in Victoria. Includes law reform submissions and an e-newsletter
- Fitzroy Legal Service [Search]
Homepage of the oldest community legal centre in Australia. It provides casework to local clients, and works in the areas of law reform and community legal education, practice of preventative law, demystification of the law, self-help and empowerment in Victoria.
- Law & Justice [Search]
Links to law related content on many Victorian Government sites (on Victoria Online)
- Law for you [Search]
State and Territory law in plain English on a range of legal topics for non lawyers including articles on current legal issues and a free lawyer matching service for specific needs
- The Law Handbook [Search]
Major free online resource (on Fitzroy Legal Service)
- The Law Handbook Fact Sheets [Search]
Many free online guides (on Fitzroy Legal Service)
- The Legal Channel: Legalonline [Search]
This site provides comprehensive information on Victorian legal information. Topics includes crime, driving, housing & neighbourhood, legal system, lifestyle, money matters, relationships, rights & responsibilities, under 18s, work & business (On Victoria's Government Information)
- Legalmart [Search]
Provides free legal information, including a Newsletter, Dictionary and Library, online document creation, online consultations for a fixed fee and a lawyer referral service
- LegalOnline [Search]
Victorian Government's legal information website for the general public - the law made clear and simple with links to many plain English law resources arranged by subject.
- Neighbourhood Justice Centre [Search]
- Public Interest Law Clearing House (PILCH) [Search]
Homepage of an independent, not-for-profit organisation committed to furthering the public interest, improving access to justice and protecting human rights in Victoria.
- Public Section (Law Institute of Victoria) [Search]
Contains legal information for members of the public on finding a lawyer, becoming a solicitor, making a complaint against a solicitor and general legal information for Victoria
- Renting a Home: A Guide for Tenants and Landlords [Search]
Consumer Affairs Victoria
- Residential Tenancies (VCAT) [Search]
The Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) receives, hears and determines applications made in relation to the Residential Tenancies List (RTL)
- Rooming Houses [Search]
Consumer Affairs Victoria
- Rural Law Online [Search]
Homepage including Law Topics, an extensive commentary on rural law topics in plain English.
- Services Available from the Department of Justice [Search]
Plain English advice in many areas such as dispute resolution, victims of crime, privacy complaints (on Victorian Department of Justice)
- Tenants Union of Victoria [Search]
- Victoria Law Foundation Publications [Search]
Major collection, both online and pdf (on Law Foundation)
- Victorian Association for Restorative Justice [Search]
- Victorian Legal Services Board & Commissioner [Search]
Homepage of peak regulator of legal profession in Victoria
- Victorian Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages [Search]
(Department for Victorian Communities (DVC))