[Databases] [Recent Additions]
[Add a Link]
- A Dictionary of Law (1893) [Search]
British and American definitions ofwords used and based in common law prior to 1900.
- A Web of On-line Dictionaries [Search]
Includes multilingual dictionaries specialised English dictionaries thesauri and other vocabulary aids language identifiers and guessers an index of dictionary indices and a web of on-line grammars (Bucknell University)
- Australian Financial Review Dictionary of Investment Terms [Search]
Online searchable dictionary of investment terms.
Searching for terms or topics leads to background articles with links to related articles Internet resources etc (Encyclopedia Britannica)
- Butterworths Encyclopaedic Australian Legal Dictionary
(on Butterworths Online - subscribers only)
- Campbell R. Harvey's Hypertextual Finance Glossary [Search]
A useful financial glossary with more than 6,000 entries.
- Duhaime's Law Dictionary [Search]
on World Wide Legal Information Association (WWLIA)
- Encyclopedia of Law and Economics [Search]
(University of Ghent)
- Findlaw Australia Reference Resources [Search]
Includes links to dictionaries and legal words and phrases sites
- FindLaw Legal Dictionary
- Global Legal Information Network (GLIN)
Library of Congress (US) thesaurus contains well-structured and hyperlinked terms interrelated by the standard thesaurus relations. Allows browsing and searching and also includes a search function "sounds like" based on the Soundex representation of all terms in the thesaurus. Is used to index worldwide legislation. After finding search terms in the thesaurus they can be used to search the GLIN databases
- Glossaries and Tables - Maritime Law [Search]
Glossary of International Conventions and national laws of Canada, United States, United Kingdom, France and China, Glossary of Maritime Law Terms and Glossary of Conflict of Laws. Compiled by Professor William Tetley, Faculty of Law, McGill University
- Glossary of Terms Relating to Treaty Actions [Search]
(United Nations Treaty Collection)
- International Law Dictionary and Directory [Search]
Definitions of words and phrases used in private and public international law. Descriptions of international organizations with links to their home pages and to other important materials describing the organizations. Acronyms of international organizations with links to the definitions for those organizations.
- Law Dictionaries [Search]
A guide to law dictionaries online listed under the headings of General, Commercial, Crime, Family and International and other tools such as translation tools and glossaries
- Law.Com Dictionary
(on Law.Com site)
- Legal Dictionaries - General [Search]
Links to legal dictionaries, language references specialised reference sites and glossaries online(Lex Scripta) .
- Legal Lexicon's Lyceum [Search]
Definitions and explanations of legal terms phrases and concepts.Also includes Bouvier's Legal Dictionary a work published in the 1850's (The 'Lectric Law Library)
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary (LIV)
Library of Congress (US) indexing terms used by the Congressional Research Service to index all bills introduced in congress.
- Lexicon Index [Search]
A lexicon of terms used in the field of international finance international taxes asset protection strategies tax havens etc and links to other web sites that contain similar glossaries of terms.
- Nolo's Law Dictionary [Search]
Plain-English definitions (Nolo.com Law for All)
- Nolo's Legal Encyclopedia [Search]
Plain-English information on a variety of legal topics (Nolo.com Law for All)
- Tao of Divorce A - Z (Annotated Divorce Law Dictionary) [Search]
- Terminology Collection - Law [Search]
Legal dictionaries and glossaries both general and subject speciality in English and other languages (University of Vaasa, Finland)
- Treaty Reference Guide - Glossary and Definition of key terms used in the UN Treaty Collection [Search]
(UN Treaty Collection)
- Webster's Dictionary of Legal, Lawful and Propaganda Terms [Search]