Faculty of Law
[Databases] [Recent Additions]
[Add a Link]
- (New Zealand) Environment Risk Management Authority [Search]
The Authority is a quasi-judicial body established to implement the Hazardous Substances and New Organisms (HSNO) Act. Includes documentation of decisions.
- Biodiversity [Search]
Provides access to information about New Zealand's native biodiversity, including the NZ Biodiversity Strategy. (Information sponsored by the four responsible governmental agencies.)
- Department of Conservation - Te Papa Atawhai [Search]
- Energy Efficiency Conservation Authority [Search]
- Environment Court of New Zealand [Search]
Official website providing general information, practice notes, and useful links
- Environmental Law [Search]
Selected articles, updates and commentaries (on New Zealand Postgraduate E-Journal)
- Legal Responsibilities [Search]
Text of New Zealand environment related laws (On Ministry for the Environment)
- Ministry for the Environment - Manatu Mo Te Taiao [Search]
Official site of the Ministry.
- New Zealand Centre for Environmental Law (NZCEL) [Search]
Specialist centre for environmental law and resource management law, hosted by the Faculty of Law, University of Auckland.
- New Zealand Climate Change Programme [Search]
Governmental site on climate change project and ratifiation of Kyoto protocol
- New Zealand Environmental Law [Search]
Subject guide to Environmental Law created by the University of Waikato, including links to the full text of ERMA decisions and links to the full text of relevant legislation and Codes of Practice
- New Zealand Government Agencies [Search]
Links to NZ government agencies concerned with environmental issues (New Zealand Centre for Environmental Law (NZCEL))
- Parliamentary Commissioner for the Environment - Te Kaitiaki Taiao a Te Whare Paremata [Search]
Website of the independent Officer of Parliament who advises on environmental issues and management. The site includes the full text of most Reports.
- Quality Planning - the environmental planning resource site [Search]
Provides information on best practice in developing regional and district plans under the Resource Management Act (RMA), as well as a database of RMA publications and articles, discussion forums and contact details for councils and practitioners throughout NZ
- Resource Management Law Association of New Zealand Inc. [Search]
Established to promote an understanding of resource management law, its implementation and multi-disciplinary framework.
- RMA-NET [Search]
Subscription site with decisions of Environment Court and other decisions on environmental issues. Practice notes of the Environment Court are available for free.