[Databases] [Recent Additions]
[Add a Link]
- Australian Journal of Legal History [Search]
Published bi-annually by the Division of Law at Macquarie University. Full text available online (on AustLII)
- Cambridge Law Review [Search]
includes articles and reviews concerning jurisprudence and legal history by members of the Cambridge Law Faculty and other distinguished contributors (on Cambridge University Press)
- Comparative Legal History [Search]
Journal of European Society for Comparative Legal History (on Taylor & Francis Online)
- Edinburgh Legal History Blog [Search]
Maintained by the Edinburgh Centre for Legal History (on University of Edinburgh Law School)
- English Legal History Blog [Search]
Lively blog mediated by Ben Darlow
- Fundamina - a Journal of Legal History [Search]
Published biannually with open access as the mouthpiece of the Southern African Society of Legal Historians (on Sabinet)
- Fundamina: A Journal of Legal History [Search]
Online journal of Southern African Society of Legal Historians since 1983. Several volumes and numerous articles are available for open access on the African Journal Archive.
- Glossae - European Journal of Legal History [Search]
Published by the Institute for Social, Political and Legal Studies, Valencia, Spain)
- Journal of Constitutional History [Search]
Multilingual journal published by Dipartimento di Giurisprudenza, UniversitÓ di Macerata, Italy. By subscription.
- Journal of Legal History [Search]
Founded in 1980, is the only British journal concerned solely with legal history. It publishes articles in English on the sources and development of the common law, both in the British Isles and overseas, on the history of the laws of Ireland, Scotland, and Wales, and on Roman Law and the European legal tradition. In print and online. By Subscription
- Journal on European History of Law (JEHL) [Search]
In English and German. Published by the European Society for History of Law.By subscription.
- Law and History Review [Search]
America's leading legal history journal, encompasses American, European, and ancient legal history issues (on Cambridge University Press)
- Legal History [Search]
Journal of the Max Planck Institute for European Legal History, in German and English.Open access.
- Legal History Blog [Search]
Scholarship, news and new ideas in legal history with contributions from numerous bloggers, mainly American.
- Legal History eJournal [Search]
Articles mainly from the United States and Great Britain (on SSRN)
- The Legal History Review [Search]
Examines the common foundations of the western legal tradition. Includes articles on Roman law, Canon law and English common law. Published annually since 1908. (on Brill Online)
- LSN Law and Humanities/Legal History [Search]
Publishes abstracts of working papers, articles accepted for publication, and books on legal topics examined from a wide range of humanities perspectives including legal history (On Social Science Research Network - SSRN)
- Orbis Iuris Romani - Journal of Ancient Law Studies (OIR) [Search]
Multilingual journal that focuses mainly on Roman Law and its reception and reflection in various legal systems. By subscription.
- The Resident Judge of Port Phillip [Search]
Research blog of Janine Rizzetti, history postgraduate student at La Trobe University who is writing her thesis on Justice John Walpole Willis, the first Resident Judge of Port Phillip.
- Roman Legal Tradition [Search]
A journal of ancient medieval and modern civil law published by the Ames Foundation and the University of Glasgow School of Law.