[Databases] [Recent Additions]
[Add a Link]
- Annotated Bibliography of Papers on Dataveillance and Privacy Papers [Search]
Writings by Roger Clarke (on Dataveillance and Information Privacy Homepage.
- Beyond the OECD Guidelines: Privacy Protection for the 21st Century [Search]
This papers catalogues the deficiencies of the OECD's 1980 Guidelines and their problems that have arisen since their formulation. Written by Roger Clarke
- Chris Connolly "An International Standard for privacy?" (1997) 4 PLPR 90 [Search]
The article summarises the international developments up to late 1997.
- G Greenleaf, "The OECD privacy Guidelines", (in Greenleaf, 'The European Union's privacy Directive - New orientations on its implications for Australia' (1997) The 1997 Australian Privacy Summit, IBC Conferences, Sydney) [Search]
The author provides a summary of the OECD Guidelines
- Human Identification in Information Systems: Management Challenges and Public Policy Issues [Search]
This paper conducts a survey of human identity and human identification. Written by Roger Clarke
- Identified, Anonymous and Pseudonymous Transactions: The Spectrum of Choice [Search]
This article written by Roger Clarke was prepared for presentation at the User Identification & Privacy Protection Conference, Stockholm, 14-15 June 1999
- Information Technology and Dataveillance [Search]
The paper identifies, classifies and describes the various dataveillance techniques. It examines the benefits and the dangers, arising from dataveillance. It considers the intrinsic and extrinsic controls that act to keep the application of dataveillance under control, and suggests some appropriate policy measures. Written by Roger Clarke
- Internet Privacy Concerns Confirm the Case for Intervention [Search]
Paper written by Roger Clarke
- Privacy and Human Rights: An International Survey of Privacy Laws and Practices [Search]
This report provides details of the state of privacy in fifty countries around the world. It outlines the constitutional and legal conditions of privacy protection, and summarizes important issues and events relating to privacy and surveillance (on Global Internet Liberty Campaign - GILC)
- Prospects for an International Standard for the Protection of Personal Information: A Report to the Standards Council of Canada [Search]
Written by Colin Bennett (who was very involved in the development of the Canadian Standard) provides a detailed assessment of the potential value of an international standards-based approach (on University of Victoria)
- Publications Relevant to e-Privacy [Search]
This document indexes Roger Clarke's papers published from 1996 onwards that addressed privacy in the Internet context
- Roger Clarke, "'When Do They Need to Know 'Whodunnit?': The Justification for Transaction Identification; The Scope for Transaction Anonymity and Pseudonymity" Proc. Conf. Computers, Freedom & Privacy, San Francisco, 31 March 1995 [Search]
This document is designed as a background paper or opening statement for a panel session of the same name, at the Computers, Freedom & Privacy Conference, in San Francisco on 31 March 1995.
- Transatlantic Turbulence: The European Union and United States Debate Over Passenger Data [Search]
By Irfan Tukdi (on Globalex, Hauser Law School, New York University)
- Who’s fingerprints, and with what flavour, would you like today?
Article by Dr Svantesson. Published in Privacy Law & Policy Reporter, Vol. 11 No 7 (August 2005); p. 201.