[Databases] [Recent Additions]
[Add a Link]
- Martinez v MGN Limited and X v eDate Advertising. (C-509/09 and C-161/10) [Search]
A European Internet defamation case which establishes the ‘centre of interests’ principle.
- At the Crossroads – The proposed Hague Convention and the future of Internet defamation
Dr Dan Svantesson (Computer Law & Security Report Vol. 18 Issue 3) (Word format)
- Bangoura v Washington Post: Case Comment [Search]
Student paper by Matthew Baird
- Bangoura v. The Washington Post [Search]
Judgment (16/9 - 05) of the Court of Appeal for Ontario relating to jurisdiction in Internet defamation cases.
- Bangoura v. Washington Post, 2004 CanLII 26633 (ON S.C.) (2004-01-27) [Search]
Judgment (27/1 - 04) of the Superior Court of Justice for Ontario relating to jurisdiction in Internet defamation cases.
- Borders on, or border around – the future of the Internet
Article by Dr Svantesson. Published in Albany Law Journal of Science & Technology, Vol. 16 No. 2 (2006); pp. 343 – 381.
- Breeden v. Black 2012 S.C.C. 19 [Search]
Supreme Court of Canada case concerning jurisdictional issues in Internet defamation dispute.
- Defamation in an Electronic Environment -Where do we go from here? [Search]
Student paper by Cecilia Werner
- Defamation on the Web [Search]
Written by Dr Roger Clarke. Supplies a good introduction to the problems and in addition gives a few thoughts on jurisdictional aspects (Version of 2 October 2001)
- Dow Jones & Co Inc v Gutnick: Negotiating 'American Legal Hegemony' in the Transnational World of Cyberspace [Search]
Article by Brian Fitzgerald, (2003) 27 Melbourne University Law Review 590
- Dow Jones & Company Inc. v Gutnick [Search]
High Court of Australia  HCA 56 (10 December 2002)
- Dow Jones & Company, Inc v Gutnick M3/2002 (28 May 2002) [Search]
(High Court of Australia Transcript)
- The events surrounding the denial of tenure to the late Dr David Rindos by the University of Western Australia [Search]
1997 report which discusses the landmark online defamation case, Rindos v Hardwick, in Western Australia (Public Administration Committee of the Legislative Council of WA)
- Godfrey v. Demon Internet Limited  EWHC QB 244 (26th March, 1999)
- Gutnick v Dow Jones & Co Inc [Search]
Supreme Court of Victoria.  VSC 305 (28 August 2001)
- INVESTASIA LTD. AND ANOTHER v. KODANSHA CO. LTD. AND ANOTHER HCA012519/1997 -  HKCFI 522 (18 May 1999)
Internet defamation (Hong Kong SAR, Court of First Instance)
- Macquarie Bank Limited & Anor v Berg [Search]
New South Wales Supreme Court.  NSWSC 526 (2 June 1999)
- The Place of Action Defence – A Defamation Defence for the globalised world of the 21 st Century
Dr Dan Svantesson (Conference paper presented at Australasian Law Teachers Association Conference, July 2004, Darwin Australia) (Word format)
- PLPR, Cases and complaints: Macquarie Bank v Berg [Search]
Privacy Law and Policy Reporter (July/August 1999 - Volume 6, No.2). Article by Zoe Parry