4. Researching legislation
The aim of this section is
to help you find legislation on a subject from many countries.
4.1. Browsing legislation
Go to the
- Browse to find the legislation available from your two countries, on your
two subjects of interest.
- Task - By browsing to the relevant sites, find the telecommunications
legislation from the USA (it's in the Federal Code), Viet Nam, Australia, New
Zealand, the United Kingdom, and your two countries of interest.
4.2. Searching for legislation
Go to the
Legislation page, so as to search over
legislation from many countries.
- Search for all legislation which uses the word 'telecommunications'
- Search for all legislation which has the word 'telecommunications' in its
title. (Hint: This should help eliminate Acts which mention
telecommunications but are really about something else.)
- Search for all legislation concerning one of your two subjects, using both
types of searches used in the previous exercise.
4.3. Finding commentary on legislation
Change your search scope
so you are searching All World Law for the full name of an Act, or its popular
name, it may be possible to find articles or other commentary on that
legislation. Then do the same using the All WorldLII and Law on Google search
- Task: Find commentary on any of the following pieces of legislation
that interest you:
- the Native Title Amendment Act 1998 (Australian legislation)
- the Utah Digital Signature Act (Utah, USA)
- Search for commentary on a piece of legislation of interest to